Home / Mailing Lists
[CUPE healthcare list] CHSRF Quality of Healthcare in Canada: A Chartbook
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [CUPE healthcare list] CHSRF Quality of Healthcare in Canada: A Chartbook
- From: Irene Jansen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:34:21 -0500
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Thread-index: AcqrN5yo/7BeVAA6Qe65rCea09/vAwAABoiw
- Thread-topic: CHSRF Quality of Healthcare in Canada: A Chartbook
CHSRF report here:
Canada doing well;
The Peterborough Examiner
Canada fares well when it comes to mortality rates from major killers such as cancer and heart disease, but falls behind when it comes to wait times, aboriginal health and vaccinating kids and the elderly, a new report on the quality of health care shows.
A 244-page "char tbook" released Wednesday by the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation -- a comprehensive compendium of studies, surveys and statistics -- assessed various aspects of the system to gauge its effectiveness, capacity, safety and access. It also evaluated the "patient-centred" delivery of services.
Maureen O'Neil, president of the CHSR, said the report has some reassuring news in that Canada stacks up well against other industrialized nations on life expectancy and fewer premature deaths from cancer, stroke and heart attacks. But she was surprised to see a slip in performance when it comes to immunizing young people for the diseases like measles, mumps and diptheria.
"I think this is a reminder that we can't be complacent about health care -- that we really do have to pay attention," she said. "It's important that we develop good data so we can look at our performance."
© 2010 Osprey Media Group Inc. All rights reserved.
- Previous by Date: [CUPE healthcare list] New York Times articles on for-profit long-term care hospitals
- Next by Date: [CUPE healthcare list] Alberta health funding hike comes at expense of other essential services - Edmonton Journal
- Previous by Thread: [CUPE healthcare list] British Medical Association campaign against private companies providing NHS care
- Next by Thread: [CUPE healthcare list] Creation of new health act - Edmonton Journal
- healthcare February 2010 archives indexes sorted by: [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ date ]
- healthcare list archive Table of Contents
- More information about the healthcare mailing list